Welcome to The Pinetree School website
Thank you for taking time to look at our website. Whether you are a prospective or current pupil, a parent/carer, a member of staff, or are just interested in what we do and how we work, we hope you will find the information here both useful and helpful.
The school is part of the Engage Trust, a multi-academy trust sponsoring special and alternative provision academies in the East of England since March 2015.
Pinetree school is a co-educational school for 40 pupils KS3 & 4 from Y7-11
It is for pupils whose primary SEN is clearly identified as SEMH but do not necessarily have an EHCP.
It prioritises places for those pupils who do not have a current long-term school place (PEX/CME)
Pinetree aims to give consistency by offering education until the end of KS4. However, if a pupil is identified as being able to reintegrate back into a mainstream school, Pinetree will work with the pupil, family and onward school to ensure the right support is in place in order for a smooth and successful transition to take place.
- The school is situated in Norfolk’s rural town of Thetford
- The school places are commissioned by both Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils
- This is a small school, with the capacity to educate 40 pupils.
- All pupils have special educational needs and the proportion who have an EHCP is significantly above national average (63%).
Our Mission Statement:
We embrace the Engage Trust Mission Statement of Engage, Educate, Empower and believe that all young people have the right to be healthy, happy and safe, to be respected and to have high aspirations for their future.Our aim is to be an outstanding school which offers the pupils a safe, supportive and stimulating learning environment where they can develop socially, academically and emotionally while developing new and existing skills to manage their behaviour choices both in and out of the school environment. We wish for them to attain and achieve their full potential while striving to become effective citizens and life-long learners.
Our school thrives on positive relationships for living and learning. This is supported by the personalisation and relevance of our educational and pastoral provision and is underpinned by the necessary rigour and high expectations.
The curriculum at The Pinetree School:
- Is broad and rich, giving all pupils the opportunity to follow the core and foundation subjects of the national curriculum at KS3 and KS4. Pupils work towards a range of accreditations and qualifications including Functional Skills and GCSEs.
- The curriculum is extended to develop literacy, numeracy and SEMH skills through 1-1 sessions. Further bespoke opportunities are provided for pupils to access Work Experience (KS4) and/or 14-16 vocational courses offered by local Alternative Providers.
- The curriculum is underpinned by our strong pastoral care system
- Our Pastoral programme also includes a clear strategy for careers guidance
Pastoral care is strong at The Pinetree School. Our pupils need to feel safe and secure in order to thrive academically and socially, and our pastoral team of tutors and leaders work hard to ensure that our pupils are safe and to help them and their families deal with problems if and when they arise.
The pastoral system is organised into a year group system, which includes form tutors, pastoral leaders, CAIG lead, SENCO, first aiders, internal mentors and external counsellors.
If you have any further questions or would like to talk to a member of staff, please do not hesitate to contact us at the school. We are always keen to help in any way.